If you have damaged, weakened, or missing teeth, dental crowns and bridges offer a reliable and long-lasting solution to restore both the functionality and aesthetics of your smile. At our dental practice, we specialize in crafting customized crowns and bridges that blend seamlessly with your natural teeth, providing a durable and beautiful solution for your dental needs.
A dental crown, also known as a dental cap, is a protective covering that encases a damaged or weakened tooth, restoring its strength, shape, and appearance. Crowns are custom-made to match the color, size, and shape of your existing teeth, ensuring a natural and harmonious smile. Dental crowns can be used to address various dental concerns, including:
- Severe tooth decay or damage that cannot be restored with a filling.
- Fractured or cracked teeth.
- Weakened teeth after root canal treatment.
- Cosmetic enhancement to improve the appearance of misshapen or discolored teeth.
The Crown Placement Process:
- Evaluation: During your initial consultation, our experienced dental team will assess your oral health and determine if a dental crown is the appropriate treatment for your specific condition. We will discuss the process, answer any questions you may have, and create a personalized treatment plan.
- Tooth Preparation: To accommodate the crown, a thin layer of enamel is removed from the affected tooth. This ensures a proper fit and allows room for the crown without altering the surrounding teeth.
- Impression: We will take an impression or digital scan of the prepared tooth, which will serve as a model for creating your custom crown. This ensures a precise fit and optimal aesthetics.
- Temporary Crown: While your permanent crown is being fabricated in a dental laboratory, we may place a temporary crown to protect the prepared tooth and maintain your smile's appearance.
- Crown Fitting: Once your custom crown is ready, we will ensure its fit, color, and shape before permanently bonding it to your tooth. The crown is carefully placed using dental cement and adjusted as needed to achieve a comfortable and natural fit.
Dental bridges are an excellent solution to replace one or more missing teeth. A bridge consists of one or more artificial teeth (pontics) that are anchored in place by dental crowns on the adjacent teeth. Bridges not only restore your ability to chew and speak properly but also prevent surrounding teeth from shifting out of position. With proper care, dental bridges can provide long-lasting functionality and aesthetics.
The Bridge Placement Process:
- Evaluation and Treatment Planning: During your consultation, we will evaluate your oral health, discuss your tooth replacement options, and determine if a dental bridge is the right choice for you. We will design a customized treatment plan to address your specific needs.
- Tooth Preparation: The teeth adjacent to the missing tooth or teeth are prepared by removing a small amount of enamel. This creates space for the dental crowns that will hold the bridge in place.
- Impression: An impression or digital scan is taken of the prepared teeth, which will be used to fabricate your custom bridge. The color, size, and shape of the artificial teeth are carefully chosen to blend seamlessly with your natural teeth.
- Temporary Bridge: While your permanent bridge is being created, we may place a temporary bridge to protect the prepared teeth and maintain your smile's appearance.
- Bridge Placement: Once your custom bridge is ready, we will check its fit, aesthetics, and functionality before permanently bonding it in place using dental cement. The bridge is adjusted as needed to ensure a comfortable bite and a natural-looking smile.
Caring for Crowns and Bridges:
Proper care and maintenance are essential to prolong the lifespan of your dental crowns and bridges.